Why do you need Tenant Insurance?

Whilst it's not a legal requirement when you let a property, it's worth considering to protect your belongings in the event they are damaged, destroyed or stolen.  

If you're letting a furnished property, it's the landlords responsibility to insure their contents. However, you have a liability under your tenancy agreement for damage caused to your landlords property too.

Overestimate the value of your contents and you may be paying for more cover than you need. Underestimate and you may not have enough. As a rule, picking up your home and shaking it - everything that falls out is covered by your contents. We can advise you on how to calculate how much cover you need.

What we'll cover

Your Tenants Contents

To cover your belongings

Up to £35,000

Standard excess


Accidental Damage

Upon request

Home Working Equipment


Liability as occupier of the property

Up to £2 million

Liability as tenant of the property

10% of the contents cover

Have more questions?

You can find out more about our tenant insurance cover by reading and downloading

Your Tenants Contents Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and Policy Wording


For policies incepted or renewed on or after the 1st June 2022

Your Tenants Contents Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and Policy Wording

Existing customer or need more help?

Our property insurance specialists at our call centre in Exeter handle all your quotes and customer service enquiries. Get in touch today on 01392 849750 or email insuranceservices@first2protect.co.uk.

If you want to make a change to your policy, the great news is we don’t charge fees.

Opening Hours: Mon – Thur 9am – 6.30pm, Friday 9am – 5:30pm